Question by jadini: Help me with my rotten neighbors! The neighbors have set up their Pit Bull’s pen up against…?
I bought my home almost 3 years ago. My neighbors lived in their home prior to our moving here. This is an old neighborhood, most yards have no fencing. My boyfriend and I work full time, no kids and are in our mid 40’s, so no party’s going on. Essentially we’re pretty quiet. The neighbor’s house is about 12 feet away from our house. It is a shared side yard, with no fence. Since we moved in, we have left this side yard primarily for the neighbors to use, as this is where their main entry doorway is. We go over onto that side of the yard only for general maintenance of our house. The last year, they have progressively gotten into the habit of leaving their trash dumpster open, full of trash that isn’t bagged. Many times it’s pushed up against our house. Their cigarette butts litter the base of our house. Now they have set up a dog run for their pit bull against our house! Not like I can move it with a pit bull in it. Help!! Is a fence my only option??
Answer by inskin
I do believe that is true… fences make good neighbors. Likely the halfway mark on that side between the homes it the property line. I would tell the dog is running up against your house and you would like him to move the dog into a pen in his backyard. If there is some animosity already I would ask a law enforcement person (a police officer) to approach them for you. Also the trash situation.
If it gets ugly then I would let law enforcement enforce the propery laws for you and put up a 4′ chain link fence on that side to split the properties.
They are infringing on your peace of mind and your land rights, your pursuit of happiness… I would reverse that quick with a couple of formal police complaints.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011