“s” : “es,urs”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: EnergySolutions On Monday June 6, 2011, 7:40 pm EDT
SALT LAKE CITY, UT–(Marketwire – 06/06/11) – EnergySolutions (NYSE:ES – News) today announced that the Idaho Treatment Group LLC (ITG) has been awarded a four-year cleanup contract estimated at approximately $ 417 million. ITG is a joint venture comprising The Babcock & Wilcox Company, URS and EnergySolutions. ITG has pre-selected small business subcontractors which include Safety and Risk Analysis Consulting, Inc.; Strategic Management Solutions, LLC; Visionary Solutions, LLC; and Cabrera Services, Inc.
The contract includes managing and operating the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Project (AMWTP) at DOE’s Idaho Site. AMWTP’s purpose is to safely process and disposition transuranic waste and mixed low-level waste at the Idaho Site’s Transuranic Storage Area, while maintaining a fully operational facility.
“We are pleased to be a key part of a diverse and highly capable project team to accomplish an important cleanup at the Department of Energy’s Idaho Site,” said Val Christensen, President and CEO of EnergySolutions. “We look forward to working with the team led by B&W and URS to operate and manage this project.”
The AMWTP is committed to meeting all technical and regulatory requirements to safely retrieve, characterize, treat and package transuranic waste for shipment out of Idaho to permanent disposal at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant in New Mexico.
ITG is preparing to assume operations at the site on or about August 1, 2011, under a contract that runs through September 30, 2015.
Statements in this news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and the Company’s actual results may differ significantly from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements.
EnergySolutions offers customers a full range of integrated services and solutions, including nuclear operations, characterization, decommissioning, decontamination, site closure, transportation, nuclear materials management, processing, recycling, and disposition of nuclear waste, and research and engineering services across the nuclear fuel cycle. www.energysolutions.com
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., The Babcock & Wilcox Company is a leader in clean energy technology and services, primarily for the nuclear, fossil and renewable power markets, as well as a premier advanced technology and mission critical defense contractor. B&W has locations worldwide and employs approximately 12,000 people, in addition to approximately 10,000 joint venture employees. Learn more at www.babcock.com.
URS Corporation (NYSE:URS – News) is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial and commercial, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has approximately 46,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 40 countries. www.urs.com
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011