We decided to dumpster dive early this morning. We felt we needed to change up the routine.
The first picture is a bed of a homeless man behind a dumpster. Out of respect for the man or woman who is sleeping there, we tried to keep the location secret so he/she is not hassled by anyone.
This is what we see on a regular basis. My husband insisted I take a picture and show you the world and my loyal readers what we see.
For you foreign readers, this is very common in the USA. A constitutional republic that our ancestors fought and died for and now their descendants are homeless on the nation that their forefathers conquered.
It’s truly heartbreaking. There is simply no reason for this poverty. No reason. There is plenty of money to go around. If you read my previous article about occupy wall street, you’ll see my point of view.
My entire truck was full by the time I came home. Full. Cake mix, towels, rugs, candles, children’s toys, juice, hair clips for women, lotion, aloe vera lotion, paper plates and fancy tropical napkins. The pictures tell it all.
The one thing I did allow myself to keep was my leopard print throw I found. Last week I found a leopard print bar stool (which needs some minor repair by my handsome handyman husband). It’s quite lovely. But had I met that homeless person in person I might have given him/her my throw.
We invited the neighbors over for a first pick. Two couples, one older with a teenage daughter and the other with 2 youngsters. They took home many boxes of good stuff. All of us were happy tonight.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011