(PRWEB) March 12, 2003
EVERYTHING COUNTS. Recovering the sofa, rescuing wood tables, and spiffing up flea market finds all help keep our landfills from piling up with unwanted debris. When did helping the earth become so chic?
CreatingHomeDecor.com is holding it’s second annual Trash to Treasure contest challenging crafters and do-it-yourself decorators to enter their best home décor projects using recycled materials.
The contest begins March 14, and will end on Earth Day, April 22. Ten finalists will be chosen from entries based on creativity, function, and primary use of recycled or repurposed materials to make home décor. On April 23, finalists will be posted to the CreatingHomeDecor.com site for visitors to vote on. One winner, to be announced on Friday, May 2, 2003, will receive a prize package containing craft and decorating products from several sponsoring manufacturers.
Entries must be received by electronic submission only. Rules for contest, list of prizes and entry form can be found on the site. Simply visit: http://www.CreatingHomeDecor.com for more information.
“Our goal is to bring awareness, in a fun sort of way, that creative people – not just hard core environmentalists – help the earth, ” stated Kelley Taylor, founder of the CreatingHomeDecor.com site. “By recycling used or discarded materials such as furniture, textiles, and other materials to make our home décor, we save energy and resources.”
Taylor states that refurbishing and revamping old furnishings or architectural salvage helps keep unwanted debris from collecting in landfills, among other earth-friendly benefits. Repurposing these things cuts down on manufacturing, destroying more trees, and illegal dumping which sometimes disturbs the biodiversity in some areas.
Taylor is adamant about showing that crafters and do-it-yourself decorators really can make a difference. We care about preserving our earth’s natural resources, too,” quips Taylor.
For more information about the Trash To Treasure contest, or, to interview Kelley Taylor, contact her at (203)931-9417. For more ways decorators and crafters can participate or organize their own Earth Day activities, see: http://www.creatinghomedecor.com/earthday.htm
About Creating Home Decor
CreatingHomeDecor.com is a Web site for do-it-yourself decorators and craft enthusiasts containing links, resources, decorating and design information as well as original home decorating craft projects helping to inspire the novice to create their own surroundings. Kelley Taylor, founder of the site, is a craft expert and decorating project designer who has appeared on television, and been published in several magazines, books, and Web sites.
About Earth Day
Earth Day is based on the simple philosophy that ordinary people, acting together, can achieve extraordinary things. Every voice counts; every action matters. To learn more about Earth Day, visit the organizations site at http://www.EarthDay.org.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011