Veolia ES Solid Waste up for sale, says parent company
* addthis_config is used to set global options.
* ‘services_exclude’ lists all services not to be
* shown in the drop down menus.
* UI API found here: http://www.addthis.com/help/client-api#configuration-ui
* Service List found here: http://www.addthis.com/services/list
Dec. 6 — Veolia ES Solid Waste Inc., one of the country´s largest solid waste management companies, is going on the auction block.
Paris-based Veolia Environment, which operates in dozens of countries around the world, announced today that it wants to sell its solid waste business in the United States.
“Veolia´s Board of Directors approved this decision and the company will be actively moving forward with finding an appropriate buyer for Veolia ES Solid Waste Inc.,” said Richard Burke, CEO of Veolia Environmental Services North America, parent company to Veolia ES Solid Waste, in a statement this morning.
“These divestiture plans are in support of VE´s existing program to pay down debt and increase cash flow, which has been in place since 2009 and was expanded earlier this year. Our Solid Waste business is self-sustaining, profitable and highly marketable, and its sale will make a significant contribution to the financial wellbeing of Veolia globally,” Burke said.
Business will continue as usual as the company seeks a buyer, Burke indicated.
The decision to sell the company´s solid waste operations in the United States follows the earlier divestiture of Veolia’s waste-to-energy operations.
Veolia Environmental Services North America is ranked No .6 in the Waste & Recycling News Top 100 Hauling and Disposal Rankings. The company reported $ 1.1 billion in hauling revenue in 2010, with 10,000 employees and more than 2,700 hauling trucks.
Contact Waste & Recycling News senior reporter Jim Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-964-1289.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011