“s” : “clh”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
On Wednesday June 8, 2011, 11:12 am EDT
NORWELL, Mass. (AP) — Clean Harbors Inc.’s board approved a 2-for-1 stock split, the company said Wednesday.
Under the plan, shareholders of the waste management and cleanup company, based in Norwell, Mass., will receive a dividend of one share for each share held. The dividend is payable on July 26 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 6.
Clean Harbors’ board approved the split after stockholders agreed to increase the company’s authorized shares to 80 million from 40 million, the company said.
There currently are 26.5 million shares of Clean Harbors outstanding, according to FactSet. After the split, there will be about 53 million shares outstanding, the company said.
Chairman and CEO Alan McKim said the transaction aims to increase trading of the company’s shares among a wider group of shareholders. He said it will help Clean Harbors “further enhance shareholder value through continued strong financial results.”
Clean Harbors shares rose 78 cents to $ 98.25 Wednesday morning. The stock has traded between $ 58.30 and $ 106.61 over the past year.
Clean Harbors easily beat analysts’ expectations for per-share earnings in the past two quarters. It boosted its revenue guidance for 2011 after the fourth quarter of 2010 and again after the first quarter of 2011.
Clean Harbors manages hazardous materials, environmental and industrial cleanups. The company owns landfills, incinerators, wastewater and other treatment facilities.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011