By Nathalie Tadena
WCA Waste Corp said it will be acquired by a fund managed by Macquarie Group in a deal that values the waste-management company at approximately US$ 154.1 million and allows the fund to expand and diversify its North American portfolio.
Shares of WCA jumped 30 per cent to US$ 6.38 in after-hours trading on the news.
The deal values WCA’s stock at US$ 6.50 a share, a 30 per cent premium to its closing price on Tuesday.
Under the deal, Macquarie Infrastructure Partners II, an infrastructure-investment fund, will acquire all of WCA’s outstanding common stock, redeem all Series A preferred stock and either partially or completely refinance the company’s existing credit facilities.
WCA’s board unanimously has approved the deal, which is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2012. The deal will be financed through shareholder capital from Macquarie and new credit facilities.
The funds managed by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners have ownership interests in a range of businesses, including waste services, toll roads, bridges, utilities and telecommunications infrastructure.
The companies valued the transaction at about US$ 526 million.
WCA’s common stock will cease trading on the Nasdaq once the deal is completed.
Separately, Macquarie advised Tokio Marine Holdings on its US$ 2.66 billion takeover of Delphi Financial Group.
According to Dealogic, it’s the sixth biggest overseas deal by a Japanese company this year. However, Macquarie won’t be booking any fees until the completion of the transaction which is slated for the second quarter of 2012.
Follow the Australian bureau on Twitter @WSJAustralia
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011