TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwire -12/23/11)- Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. (NYSE: BIN – News)(TSX: BIN – News) (the “Company”) announced today that it has received approval from the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) to increase the number of common shares for repurchase under the Company’s existing normal course issuer bid (“NCIB”) that was announced on August 17, 2011.
Under the amended NCIB, up to 7,500,000 common shares (representing approximately 6.3% of the total public float on August 9, 2011) may be repurchased in open market transactions on the TSX, the New York Stock Exchange and/or alternative trading systems by August 18, 2012. The increase of 3,500,000 shares to the Company’s NCIB is pursuant to the authorization received from the Company’s Board of Directors to increase and extend the Company’s share repurchase program, which was announced in a press release on December 19, 2011. As of December 21, 2011, approximately 2.59 million common shares have been purchased at a total cost of US$ 54.2 million under the NCIB.
In accordance with TSX rules, any daily repurchases would be limited to a maximum of 47,833 shares, which represents 25% of the average daily trading volume on the TSX of 191,332 common shares for the six months ended July 31, 2011. The TSX rules also allow the Company to purchase, once a week, a block of common shares not owned by any insiders, which may exceed such daily limit. On December 21, 2011, there were 118,314,651 Company common shares outstanding and the public float calculated in accordance with TSX rules was 117,442,312 common shares. Any shares that are repurchased pursuant to the NCIB will be cancelled. Decisions regarding any future repurchases will be based on market conditions, share price and other factors, including opportunities to invest in growth capital. There can be no assurance as to the precise number of shares that will be repurchased. The Company may discontinue purchases at any time, subject to compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
From time to time, the Company may enter into a pre-defined plan with its broker to allow for the repurchase of shares at times when the Company ordinarily would not be active in the market due to its own internal trading blackout periods, insider trading rules or otherwise. Any such plans entered into with the Company’s broker will be adopted in accordance with applicable Canadian and U.S. securities laws.
About Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd.
Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. is one of North America’s largest full-service, vertically integrated waste management companies, providing non-hazardous solid waste collection and landfill disposal services to commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers in twelve states and the District of the Columbia in the U.S., and six Canadian provinces. The Company’s major brands are IESI, BFI Canada and Waste Services. The Company’s shares are listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BIN.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011