Based on the aggregated intelligence of 180,000-plus investors participating in Motley Fool CAPS, the Fool’s free investing community, the Market Vectors Environmental Services ETF (NYSE: EVX ) has earned a respected four-star ranking.
With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at Market Vectors Environmental Services and see what CAPS investors are saying about the ETF right now.
Market Vectors Environmental Services facts
|Total Assets||$ 23.3 million|
|Investment Approach||Seeks to replicate the AMEX Environmental Services Index, which is comprised of common stocks and ADRs involved in the environmental services industry.|
|1-Year / 3-Year / 5-Year Annual Returns||(9.5%) / 13.1% / 2.2%|
|Top Holdings with High CAPS Rating (4 or 5 Stars) and Portfolio Weight||Waste Management (NYSE: WM ) (9.8%)
Republic Services (NYSE: RSG ) (9.7%)
Veolia Environnement (NYSE: VE ) (8.6%)
|Alternatives||Global X Waste Management (NYSE: WSTE )
Vanguard Industrials (NYSE: VIS )
Sources: Morningstar and Motley Fool CAPS.
On CAPS, 97% of the 77 members who have rated Market Vectors Environmental Services believe the ETF will outperform the S&P 500 going forward. These bulls include All-Star adoggsemipassive, who is ranked in the top 1% of our community, and GreenMycon.
Having gotten on board a couple of years ago, adoggsemipassive touched on the trend working in the ETF’s favor: “[G]oing green and clean is where its at.”
Market Vectors Environmental Services, in particular, sports a portfolio whose stocks average solid historical earnings growth of 9%. That’s higher than that of main competitor Global X Waste Management (-45%), as well as the broader Vanguard Industrials ETF (1%).
CAPS member GreenMycon elaborates on the bull case:
With a steady global trend of desiring greener and cleaner technologies, companies that make up this ETF are likely to get some of that positive boost. … With the continued environmental detriment of harvesting our remaining fossil fuels, companies that provide environmental services will definitely start to excel at what they do. Investing in an environmental service ETF should give you good diversity in a field that will have inherent volatility.
What do you think about Market Vectors Environmental Services, or any other ETF for that matter? If you want to retire rich, you need to put together the best portfolio you can. Owning exceptional ETFs is a surefire way to secure your financial future, and on Motley Fool CAPS, thousands of investors are working every day to find them. CAPS is 100% free, so get started!
Want to see how well (or not so well) the stocks in this series are performing? Follow the new TrackPoisedTo CAPS account.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011