Progressive’s Incoming CEO Joe Quarin Joins EIA Board
Date: December 8, 2011
Source: Environmental Industry Associations (EIA)
Quarin Joins Environmental Industry Associations Board of Trustees
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Environmental Industry Associations (EIA) announced that Joseph “Joe” Quarin, the President and Chief Operating Officer of Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. (Progressive Waste Solutions), will join the EIA Board of Trustees.
EIA is the trade association that represents the American private sector solid waste and recycling industry through its two sub-associations, the National Solid Wastes Management Association (NSWMA) and the Waste Equipment Technology Association (WASTEC). NSWMA represents companies that provide solid, hazardous and medical waste collection, recycling and disposal services, and companies that provide professional and consulting services to the waste services industry. WASTEC represents companies that manufacture, distribute or develop equipment, technology and systems for the safe and environmentally responsible management of waste and recycling.
Bruce J. Parker, EIA’s President and CEO, said, “We are pleased and fortunate that Joe has agreed to serve in leadership roles on the EIA Board of Trustees. He exemplifies the best qualities found in the leaders of our member companies. Progressive Waste Solutions provides essential services that help maintain the fabric of local communities across the country by protecting the environment and public health.”
Prior to being appointed to his current position, Quarin was EVP of Progressive Waste Solutions from March 2010, EVP and Canadian COO from September 2005 through March 2010, CFO from February 2002 through September 2005, and Vice President, Finance from July 2000 through February 2002. Prior to July 2000, he was an associate at NB Capital Partners (now Edgestone Capital Partners). He has an M.B.A. from the Richard Ivey School of Business, a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from Queen’s University, and is a Chartered Accountant.
Progressive Waste Solutions is one of North America’s largest full-service, vertically integrated waste management companies, providing non-hazardous solid waste collection and landfill disposal services to commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers in twelve states and the District of the Columbia in the U.S., and six Canadian provinces. The Company’s major brands are IESI, BFI Canada and Waste Services. The Company’s shares are listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BIN.
EIA member companies conduct business in all 50 states. For more information, visit www.environmentalistseveryday.org.
For more information, contact:
Thom Metzger, 202-364-3751
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011