NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities law firm, is investigating potential securities fraud at Veolia Environnement S.A. (“Veolia” or the “Company”) (NYSE: VE – News).
Request more information now by clicking here: www.faruqilaw.com/VE
The investigation seeks to determine whether the Company and its executives violated federal securities laws by misrepresenting and/or failing to disclose: (a) that Veolia was materially overstating its financial results by engaging in improper accounting practices; (b) that Veolia failed to timely record an impairment charge for its Transport business in Morocco, Environmental Services businesses in Egypt, and Marine Services business in the United States and for Southern Europe; (c) that the Company’s revenues were being hampered by the renewal of some of its major concession contracts; and (d) that Veolia lacked a reasonable basis for their positive statements about the Company and its prospects.
On August 4, 2011, Veolia reported consolidated financial results for the half year ended June 30, 2011. Veolia reported operating income of 252.2 million euros, compared to 1100.7 million euros in the prior year period, due to “non-recurring write-downs amounting to 686 million euros.” The Company stated that it would exit certain businesses, including its Transport business, Environmental Services, and Marine Services business. Based on this news, Veolia American Depository Shares fell $ 4.66 per share, or over 22%, to close at $ 16.10 per share.
If you purchased Veolia securities and you would like to discuss your legal rights, visit www.faruqilaw.com/VE. You can also contact us by calling Richard Gonnello or Francis McConville toll free at 877-247-4292 or at 212-983-9330 or by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected]. Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP also encourages anyone with information regarding Veolia’s conduct to contact the firm, including whistleblowers, former employees, shareholders and others.
Attorney Advertising. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP (www.faruqilaw.com). Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular case. All communications will be treated in a confidential matter.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011