On December 31 at approximately 4pm my husband and I decided to go team diving. We were rested and with an empty truck, with empty containers, off we went for an adventure.
First stop we found 3 bags of men clothes in the dumpster. This included blue jeans, T-shirts, underwear, socks, 1 robe, one throw and a beautiful knitted throw (with the cable stitch).
After we left the first dumpster I saw one big lizard eating food from a fast food container (pics attached). At first I thought it was a huge plastic toy then my husband pointed it was real. The daddy lizard slithered off into the pond after I got out of my car. It was the coolest thing I’d ever seen. I’d never ever seen a lizard that big in person before. You see all kinds of creatures when you leave the city.
Second stop was BBQ’ville. Found at least 10 cases of BBQ sauce, in the cases, intact, unbroken. My hubby jumped in and hauled a few out but they were so heavy, we couldn’t get them all. An older gentleman passed by and started talking to us, so we gave him a couple of bottles. He joked and told us he was too fat to jump in the dumpster, he’d be afraid he couldn’t get back out! BTW, the BBQ sauce is good, real good.
Next stop, Margaritaville. Found at LEAST $ 500 worth of booze. Liquor, beer, wine, vodka, tequila, high end liquor, no cheap stuff. Needless to say, we had a few nice cocktails for NYE. Found a humidor for cigars and the attachments for it.
Last stop, Bookville. 3 boxes of toys and books brand new. Some of them had a few flaws so instead of putting them on clearance, they were tossed. A neighbor came by last night and her 3 and 4 year old will be the beneficiary of several toys. Our local school will be the beneficiary of the rest of the stuff.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011