HOUSTON, Jan. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Sharps Compliance Corp. (Nasdaq:SMED – News) (“Sharps” or the “Company”), a leading full-service provider of cost-effective solutions designed for the proper management of medical waste, used healthcare materials and unused dispensed medications, announced that it will release its second quarter fiscal year 2012 results (quarter ended December 31, 2011) before the opening of financial markets on Tuesday, January 24, 2012. A conference call and webcast will follow at 11:00 a.m. ET, in which management will discuss the Company’s financial results, key market initiatives and business strategy, followed by a question-and-answer session.
The Sharps conference call can be accessed by dialing (201) 689-8560. The webcast can be monitored at www.sharpsinc.com. Webcast listeners will have the opportunity to submit questions to the speakers. Select questions will be summarized and addressed during the question-and-answer portion of the call.
To listen to the archived call, dial (858) 384-5517, and enter conference ID number 386658. The telephonic replay will be available from 2:00 p.m. ET the day of the teleconference until 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday, January 31, 2012. A transcript will also be posted once available.
About Sharps Compliance Corp.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Sharps is a leading full-service provider of cost-effective management solutions for medical waste and unused dispensed medications generated outside the hospital and large health care facility setting. Its strategy is to capture a large part of the estimated $ 3.8 billion untapped market for unused medications, used syringes and medical waste generated outside of hospital and large health care settings by targeting the major agencies that are interrelated with this medical waste stream; including the U.S. government, pharmaceutical manufacturers, home healthcare providers, retail pharmacies and clinics, and the professional market which is comprised of physicians, dentists and veterinary practices. As a fully integrated medical waste management company providing customer solutions and services, the Company’s solid business model, which provides strong margins and significant operating leverage, combined with its early penetration into emerging markets, uniquely positions it for strong future growth.
The Company’s flagship product, the Sharps(R) Recovery System(TM) is a comprehensive solution for the containment, transportation, treatment and tracking of medical waste generated outside the hospital and large health care facility setting. Its other products include the Sharps(R) MWMS(TM) (Medical Waste Management System), a comprehensive solution designed for rapid deployment in emergency situations and features the Sharps(TM) Recovery System(TM) and TakeAway System(TM) products combined with warehousing, inventory management, training, data and other services. Its TakeAway System(TM) is designed for individual consumers, retail or mail-order pharmacies, communities and facilities including assisted living, long-term care and correction operations to facilitate the proper disposal of unused dispensed medications. The Complete Needle(TM) Collection & Disposal System is a safe, easy-to-use and cost-effective solution designed for self-injecting consumers and includes the Company’s containment, packaging, return shipping via the U.S. Postal Service, tracking and treatment.
More information on the Company and its products can be found on its website at: www.sharpsinc.com
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011