HOUSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM – News) announced that William K. (Bill) Caesar, chief strategy officer at Waste Management, will succeed Pat DeRueda as President of WM Recycle America (WMRA) effective immediately. The company announced last month that DeRueda had returned to the West Group as Area Vice President for the Arizona/New Mexico area.
“Although we are already the industry leader in recycling, WMRA will only grow in importance as we continue to extract greater value from the waste stream,” said Steven Preston, EVP, finance, energy & recycling services of Waste Management. “Bill’s strategic mindset will be critical to expanding our footprint as well as the nature of the services we provide. In the short time he has been here, he has made a valuable impact on the company, and we expect he will continue to make such an impact with WMRA.”
Caesar joined Waste Management in 2010 from McKinsey & Company, where he was a Principal in the Atlanta office and a leader of the North American Energy & Materials practice. Prior to joining McKinsey, Caesar served as a Russian political and economic analyst at the U.S. State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency. He holds an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University; an M.A. in Russian Studies from Georgetown University; and a B.A. in Russian Studies from Colgate University.
Caesar continues as a member of the company’s senior leadership team, and will report to Preston. Caesar’s replacement will be named at a later time.
This press release contains forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are information of a non-historical nature or which relate to future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties. In many cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “expects,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” or “continue,” or the negative of these terms and other comparable terminology. These statements are only predictions. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of a number of factors. The forward-looking statements made in this press release relate only to events as of the date of this release. We undertake no ongoing obligation to update these statements.
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn more information about Waste Management visit www.wm.com or www.thinkgreen.com.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011