Waste Connections Could Buy Veolia
Date: December 29, 2011
Source: News Room
Waste Connections, Inc. (The Woodlands, TX) said it is interested in buying the US waste business Veolia ES Solid Waste Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) which was put up for sale last month by its French corporate parent Veolia Environnement. Waste Connections could pull off a deal depending on how it is structured, according to CEO Ron Mittelstaedt. “We could do up to a couple billion dollars right now, no problem, with our existing credit capacity,” Mittelstaedt told Waste & Recycling News on December 28. “There are certainly large pieces of it that are very attractive to us,” he remarked. “There are some that are not as consistent with our business model, so it depends on if they sell the whole thing. Do they sell it in geographic regions? What do they do?” Waste Connections has so far followed a strategy that eschews more competitive urban markets in favor of more rural markets, particularly those that employ franchise agreements for waste services. Veolia’s US waste business had revenues of 614 million Euros ($ 822 million) in 2010. Analysts believe the business could fetch between $ 1.5 billion to $ 1.9 billion.
Veolia entered the US waste business in June 1999 when its predecessor company Vivendi S.A. bought Superior Services Inc. (Milwaukee, WI), then the fourth largest US waste company, for about $ 1 billion. Vivendi later split its entertainment business away from its environmental services business which it named Veolia.
See also: “Who Will Buy Veolia’s US Waste Business?” (www.wastebusinessjournal.com/news/wbj20111213B.htm).
See also: “Veolia May Sell US Waste Business, Part of $ 6.7 Billion Divestiture to Pare Debt,” (www.wastebusinessjournal.com/news/wbj20111206A.htm).
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011