“s” : “eei”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: Ecology and Environment, Inc. On Friday June 10, 2011, 8:00 am EDT
LANCASTER, NY–(Marketwire – 06/10/11) – Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) (NASDAQ:EEI – News), together with project partners New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and Seneca Cayuga Arc, has been awarded the “Project of the Year” by Intelligent Transportation Society of New York (ITS-NY) for Flex-T®. As an integrated component of E & E’s leading alternative transportation solution, GreenRide®, Flex-T enables easy coordination and consolidation of transportation systems to allow for real-time ride scheduling and sharing.
“We are very excited to receive the ‘Project of the Year’ award from the Intelligent Transportation Society of New York. It is a great honor to have one of the world’s leading organizations involved in the future of our transportation systems select E & E’s Flex-T,” said Kevin Neumaier, E & E president and CEO. “We thank the Seneca Cayuga Arc for working with us to provide such a great example of a paratransit and scheduling solution. Flex-T improves transportation system convenience by streamlining and coordinating rides; improves our environment by reducing miles traveled and associated emissions; and saves money by reducing fuel costs and eliminating trips.”
“The need for specialized rides is increasing due to an aging population, limited resources, obesity and health-related issues, and reduced funding streams,” said Mary Ann Ferris-Young, program manager for E & E’s Flex-T software application for paratransit services. “Transportation system coordination and consolidation helps reduce costs and emissions associated with operating multiple fleets.”
Flex-T development was co-funded by NYSERDA through a competitive award to design a transportation solution which reduced energy and promoted job growth in New York State. Seneca Cayuga Arc, located in the Finger Lakes area of New York State, served in a pioneering role on the project. For additional information, please visit www.greenride.com or www.flex-t.com.
Headquartered in Lancaster, N.Y., E & E has completed more than 50,000 projects for a wide variety of clients in 113 countries, providing environmental solutions in nearly every ecosystem on the planet. The company is listed on the NASDAQ under the symbol EEI and is located on the web at www.ene.com.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011