Question by Bubbles: Neighbors are illegally using my Dumpster? What can I do?
I have a shared driveway so the one neighbors see everything- and she said she has seen no one come up our driveway to illegally dump. The dumpster is behind the house- you can’t see it from the road. The other neighbors have ask me about 20 times if they could use the dumpster- and we have said NO every time- but they act like it’s free. We just found out we got fined $ 600 because someone put all these chemical in our dumpster!! I know it’s them but what can I do? Should I confront them? It think they are dump enough to admit it- but then what? Or what if they lie and say no? We know it’s them because the stuff in not in their yard anymore- and it was found in the Dumpster. Should I call the police- the Dumpster is gone- we didn’t know the stuff was in there until it was dumped. I have the bill- is there anything I can do? Why should I get stuck with a $ 600 bill because these people did this to us- and we just bought this house.
It’s a contruction dumpster- it’s like 10 feet long and 7 foot deep…… you can hid it or lock it- it’s all open on the top.
I already paid because I had to fire the contractor and pay him out.
I have to pay $ 800 for my stuff and then an additional $ 600 for their stuff- it’s completely unfair. They dump shit in there right before the truck came.
Answer by MissyDoo
hide your dumpster in the garage untill trash day or put a pad lock on it that stays on it untill trash day. You need to fight with the person that gave you the bill and tell them the trash in there wasnt yours. Have a talk with your neighbors also
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011