Question by Cara Piers: How far from a house does a dumpster need to be?
Hi everyone im looking for some advice. I live in Montana and i live a area where there are a bunch of houses that share the land. My boyfriends family lived here for over 10 years and then my boyfriend bought it and has been here for like 5 or six. Right in front of our house less then 5 feet away is a dumpster. We own the house and pay rent to live on the land, its like a trailer court but with houses. I have been talking to the landlord trying to get it moved for a while now, after speaking with him today its clear he inst moving it. he said we have two options he can come and look at it and do what he has been doing or we can move. This is what he told me. everyday when we come home from work there is garbage all over our yard we have to pick up, it blow out of the garbage all over the place. In the summer when its really hot it smells so bad. Is there anything i can do about this, there has to be a certain amount of distance it has to be from the house right?
thanks in advance for any help
Answer by Mr. Bear
You could call the county sanitation department, and see if there regulations in your area covering dumpsters and garbage receptacles. If not, you may have to live with it or move. I wish you the best of luck!
What do you think? Answer below!
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011