Question by Carol: I hired what I thought was a licensed and insured roofer to redo my roof come to find out he is neither and h?
..find out he is not licensed or insured and he began to strip parts of my roof and install economy no warranty shingles.A contract was written but I never signed it because he said I didn’t have to….the shingles were supposed to be 30 year shingles…when I confronted him about it he told me don’t worry he has me covered and that’s how he keeps his prices low.These shingles are discolored and I mentioned that to him right away before I had any knowledge about the shingle …he had all of the packages turned away from the house so that I would not see the ECONOMY NO WARRANTY labels on the packaging…he has not been around since I confronted him and all of his tools are scattered all over my yard and front porch and there is even some on my roof not to mention the dumpster that’s been sitting in my yard for almost 2 weeks now…HELP…what do I do and what about all the stuff including about 20 packages of shingles sitting in my driveway that I do not want because they are not warranted…I paid him half up front…and now my roof is a disaster with roof boards exposed.I live in Massachussetts.
Answer by Phil J
Pick his tools up, lock them in your garage or house, and tell him since he ripped you off, that you will sell his tools to make up for the $ hit job unless he does EVERYTHING over with the correct shingles. I am an experienced roofer myself, and economy shingles aren’t worth $ hit. People like that will not fix it, and since you didn’t sign the contract, that covers his @ss if you try to take him to court because he can say you have a false contract. Take his tools and hold them hostage.
Add your own answer in the comments!
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011