Question by jmk08: I need help with a big, big bug and trash problem…?
Ok, so over the years my parents have lived here in Florida, an enormous amount of trash has accumulated in my 4 acre yard. The worst part is that there is a HUGE 6-FOOT HIGH pile of trash right DIRECTLY behind my house!!! Now it’s gotten so massive that the government has threatened to do something about it. My parents bought a dumpster and we are cleaning it up day by day, but it’s so big, and there is so much half buried trash that it could honestly take a year of non stop work to clean up! Now the worst part of it all is that with this huge pile of garbage right behind my house, a lot of bugs get in naturally. (fleas and roaches) My parrents spray the house every so often (just recently in fact) And what did I see when I wlked into the kitchen 20 minutes ago? LIKE 2,000,000 FUCKIN ROACHES (more like 20+) What do I do?! They just wont go way! It could be another year before all that trash goes away, and I just can’t live like this!!!!!!
Answer by Michael K
Get rid of the trash as quickly as possible. Hire a skip loader to come in and load up the dumpster(s) rapidly. Get that stuff outta there!
The roaches, though…they gotta have a place to live too, right? That’s why they want to move into your place! So…trash gone, then you purchase several of those roach ‘bombs’. one for each room of your house, two for the garage, two for the kitchen. Close all the windows (really – I had to do this once myself) and starting at the room farthest away from the door, start setting off the aerosol bombs, moving quickly. set off the last one, run out the door, and leave it for at least 24 hours. You should come back to all sorts of little bug bodies laying all over the place.
Now, you cannot do this if there is still a pile of trash outside. That’s gotta go first, and fast.
Add your own answer in the comments!
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011