Check out your local auction houses flea markets and those little Mom and Pop stores and antique shops.
What is so much fun is that each week you can find something different.
I have furnished quite a few flats and houses with goods from auctions and flea markets.
Lawn income are pleasurable way too – Search for the Enormous lawn sale-flea marketplace in Hubbard Ohio – 7 people getting a giant parking lot sale Exactly where- 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Road while in the Hubbard Present Stores Promote parking ton for Jewelry Publications movies classic things More… same very little plaza as Dotties Beauty PlaceUnderdog Records We still put a few things out all year depending on the weather but the big ones are over until Spring. Dumpster diving in dayton ohio
But if you are like me and your favorite way to shop is the small stores auctions and flea markets – stop by my Hubbard Ohio Gift Shop for great gifts antiques and handmade things at great prices
You get to know the auctioneers and the sellers at the auctions so after a while you may tell who brings the best stuff in – LOL
The same with tiny outlets and flea markets you are able to get to know the vendors and often – if you let them know what you collect or need – they will hunt it down for you if they can.
What kinds of things will you find The answer is always different which is half the entertaining
Numerous of the vendors from the old now closed Hubbard Ohio Flea Markets Antique Mall have set up a store with gifts and collectibles… at flea sector prices and it is located up the road a mile closer to town at 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Road – next to Dottys Beauty Shop and UnderDog Records – near Bell Wick. You can actually uncover estate jewelry antiques movies books handmade jewelry gifts silk floral arrangements everyday objects Classic Jewellery Italian Charms handmade goods greeting cards glassware vintage dolls linens kitchen items lawn things building tools car tools classic objects home decor baskets radios computers collectibles pet supplies all natural products hand sewn things and a whole bunch of everything new and used.
The same is likely true for your community flea marketplace and small shops…
Auction Tips Ill tell you a few secrets to make the sale more enjoyment for everyone
1. Get there early to be able to inspect the objects.
2. Ask about the procedures-
For most there is a no return policy
Some will take a look at or very rarely a credit card card as they would quite a bit rather have cash get out before you buy anything
Stop in at the desk to register and get a bid number – you will need your drivers license. Some auctions like ours in Hubbard Ohio will have you keep the same number once you register to make it easier for everyone. But even when you become a regular you will need to let them know you are there that week by registering but you likely will not have to show your license over and over once they get to know you.
Acquire out beforehand when any massive goods you might buy will have to be taken home – Usually it is right after the auction but sometimes they may let you make arrangements to come back at another time.
Is there a Buyers Premium that is charged and how a great deal Most auction charge a 10 or more Buyers Premium to help cover employee costs and other expenses. They subtotal your bill and add another 10 onto it. This extra fee is then added to your bill. So if you bought 100.00 worth of goods It would now cost you 110.00 your sales tax.
If you not in your own city obtain out what the gross sales tax percentage is wherever you are so that you can make sure to add it in to your total bill.
3. Sit quietly and pay attention so that you whats up for bid. You would be amazed at how many folks end up buying things that they didnt mean to because they bid on the wrong item.
4. If you bring kids please have them sit quiety because the other bidders want to hear what on earth is up for bid and the auction staff needs to be able to keep accurate records to make sure the correct amounts are written on the correct products… .
5. Take along a few comfort things according to the season such as a jacket a box to put your feet in to keep them off of a cold cement floor and a lap blanket to keep your legs warm in the Winter. In the Summer you may want to take along one of individuals small battery powered fans that you are able to carry in your purse or wear on a cord around your neck.
6. While you are bidding be aware of any buyers premium that might be added to your bill and dont forget to be sure that you have enough money to cover the revenue tax much too.
7. Take along a large handful of newspapers to wrap any breakables and a few of your own boxes to put your goods in.
Want a step-by-step how-to Here you go –
Flea Sector Tips Set aside an hour to acquire a few treasures
1. Remember you are buying goods as is so search it over before you buy it. This is not the Mall wherever you can actually return it if you change you mind or it is broken… .
2. Be respectful to the vendors because for most of them this is their only income. They will learn to appreciate you and may even offer you a special deal from time to time if you are nice.
3. If you think the price if as well high it is fine to ask if they can do a little better for you. If not or if they do but you still dont like the price – just say no thank you and move on to a thing else because the minor car salesman tricks that people try simply do not work. Many times they cannot lower prices these days because they have to pay their booth rent which has gone sky high these last few years heating and electric bills…
4. Let the vendors know what you are looking for and they might have it put away or they might have one at home… that they could bring in for you. Again be respectful here too as if you ask for something and make arrangements to come back – make sure you do.
5. Lets face it some people are just plain mean and the same holds true for some vendors. Just forget about them and go on to the next booth. Dont let that grumpy gus ruin your shopping adventure.
6. If you take kids or anyone with you that has a tiny trouble controling themselves pay extra attention to them so that do not grab things or break them because you will have to pay for anything they ruin.
7. Again this isnt the mall so be prepared by taking along a few bags of your own and some paper to wrap anything that could break. Most vendors will have these things but sometimes they run out if they have had a busy day.
8. Please take small bills when you go. A flea market is usually out during the middle of nowhere and vendors are usually working the day alone so they cannot run out and get more ones and fives when they need them. There is nothing more aggravating than getting the first 5 people buy 2.00 worth of things and pay with a twenty and take all of your change
Gramzs Classic Jewelry Gifts booth Stop in and see Goldie
The Hubbard Ohio Gift Shop offers layaway – Stop in and ask for the details.
Dianas – Hubbard Ohio Gift Shop 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Road in Hubbard Ohio.
Need a gift for your prom wedding or for any reason See Goldie to get that perfect piece of jewellery or other gift. See Diana for a one-of-a-kind hand-sewn present. See Diana or Goldie to have a gift basket made for you.
Hubbard Ohio Flea Market Antique Mall is now Dianas Hubbard Ohio Present Shop More The large minimal native shop with some thing for just about everyone…
For anyone nearby to Hubbard Ohio – here is the information-
Dianas – Hubbard Ohio Gift Shop 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Road Hubbard Ohio 44425
noon to 5-00pm on Wednesdays and Sundays
10am to 5pm Thursday through Saturday
closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
My latest Uncover
August 2009 – I went to a friends auction house and he was auctioning off an estate of a lady who loved to sew.
Oh my I was in vintage fabric glory
I came home after I paid for my winning bids of course with 6-7 plastic tote containers FULL of fabric plus 2 full bolts of old fabric that were not in a tote. Ive not gone through all of it yet. These totes are at least 2x2x3 feet large. There are 1000s of yards of vintage fabric in these totes There is a ton of cotton some denim some polyester some velvet some satin and about a property of fleece with Scooby Doo on it from which I am making an eye mask and neck pillow set for my youngest daughter who likes Scooby Doo. Shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell her – it is a surprise
All of this vintage fabric is in great shape also as most of it was protected in a plastic tote container which had a tight fitting lid to keep out clothes moths and dust… .
Oh my I am sewing as fast as I can
Want your own online store includes many great features support and a helpful community of good folks far too
Looking for Agatha Christie or other great guides Lots of mystery and romance textbooks as well as many others
Great Stuff at Gypsy Queen Media at eCRATER Lots of textbooks and tapes… from this great seller
Gypsy Queen Media
Has a ton of books and other things at great prices. I get publications from her all of the time because she is so nice to deal with and has a huge selection of over 5000 guides other items.
She just moved her store to eCRATER and will be listing a bunch every week so keep checking to see what she has. Here are just a few- Rugrats – Return Of Reptar VHS
There Goes a Train WToy VHS
Beethoven Lives Upstairs VHS
Like A 45 Theatrical Art Sp VHS
A Holiday for Murder by- Agatha Christie
Dumpster diving in dayton ohio Remember Blaine Wilson this five-time national champ that dominated U.Utes. mens gymnastics from the mid-to-late 90s Remember that of a rebel he has been with that rakish five o-clock shadow and tough dude aura
Wilson was just just what USA Gymnastics required back in the day — a man exactly who did iron traverses on rings gritting his or her teeth as though he or she were stabbing a lighted cigar into his or her arm. A man that smirked and swaggered and found no need to spit out his or her gum before conducting a full floor program.
A man who took his bicep six months ahead of the 2004 Olympics and also was back up upon rings five weeks later.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011