Dear Same Day Dumpsters,
I recently used your company to provide a dumpster for my Eagle Scout Project. The Project was a huge site cleanup at Prince William Forest Park, held on June 2nd. We collected a total of 6.23 tons of trash (including 205 tires!!) and hauled about half of that in trucks to the nearby dump. The other half, about 3.42 tons, was packed into one of your 30 yard dumpsters. Without that dumpster, it would have taken a lot more work to clear out the site.
Two people from Same Day Dumpsters were a very big help to making this dumpster affordable and getting it on site. The managing partner I spoke to on the phone, Robert, was very understanding of the low budget that I had to work around. Over a few phone conversations, I was able to explain to him what I was trying to accomplish and receive some very helpful advice from him. Robert was able to give me a good discount on a 20 yard dumpster, and deliver a 30 yard in case there was bulkier trash. He was also very helpful in explaining to me how to use the dumpster properly, and what kind of space I would need to account for to put it.
On the day of the project, I thought that I would have to put the dumpster at the top of a very large hill, and we would be carrying trash up it all day. However, that idea totally changed when I met Andrew, our delivery driver. When my mom mentioned that the site was a pretty far walk from the road we were standing by, he immediately walked down onto the site and began scouting out somewhere to put the dumpster down the hill and onto the work area. He found a spot very close to where we were cleaning up, and then proceeded to drive the flatbed truck straight down the hill and into the site. After that, he showed us how to open and close the back door of the dumpster so that we could walk trash straight into it.
Thanks to these two.hard-working guys, the dumpster was within easy walking distance of most of our cleanup site. Also, the dumpster was affordable enough that we had enough money to pay for other cleanup essentials. I have attached some pictures to show you just how bad the site was, and how full we got the dumpster. Thanks to Robert and Andrew, and all of Same Day Dumpsters.
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011