“s” : “pesi”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. On Wednesday June 15, 2011, 8:00 am EDT
ATLANTA, June 15, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:PESI – News) today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to sell Perma-Fix of Ft. Lauderdale, Inc. (“PFFL”) for approximately $ 5.5 million subject to certain working capital adjustments. The closing of this Agreement is subject to certain conditions being met.
Dr. Louis F. Centofanti, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We are very pleased to report the planned sale of our PFFL subsidiary. We expect to complete this transaction within the coming weeks. In addition, we are continuing to move forward in our negotiations for a definitive agreement to sell our Perma-Fix of Orlando, Inc. (“PFO”) facility.”
“As we have stated in the past, we believe that the sale of our remaining Industrial Segment operations strengthens our balance sheet and will allow us to focus 100% of our efforts and resources on our growing nuclear waste services business. We believe there are substantial opportunities within our nuclear business, including treatment of higher activity waste, growth in on-site services, and the roll-out of new commercial services.”
About Perma-Fix Environmental Services
Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc., a national environmental services company, provides unique mixed waste and industrial waste management services. The Company’s increased focus on nuclear services includes radioactive and mixed waste treatment services for hospitals, research labs and institutions, federal agencies, including the Department of Energy (“DOE”), the Department of Defense (“DOD”), and nuclear utilities. The Company’s industrial services treat hazardous and non-hazardous waste for a variety of customers including, Fortune 500 companies, federal, state and local agencies and thousands of other clients. Nationwide, the Company operates seven waste treatment facilities.
The Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7172
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” which are based largely on the Company’s expectations and are subject to various business risks and uncertainties, certain of which are beyond the company’s control. Forward-looking statements generally are identifiable by use of the words such as “believe”, “expects”, “intends”, “anticipate”, “plans to”, “estimates”, “projects”, and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to: completion of the sale of PFFL within the coming weeks and opportunities within our nuclear business. These forward-looking statements are intended to qualify for the safe harbors from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. While the Company believes the expectations reflected in this news release are reasonable, it can give no assurance such expectations will prove to be correct. There are a variety of factors which could cause future outcomes to differ materially from those described in this release, including, without limitation, economic conditions; industry conditions; and certain conditions being met. The Company makes no commitment to disclose any revisions to forward-looking statements, or any facts, events or circumstances after the date hereof that bear upon forward-looking statements.
Please visit us on the World Wide Web at http://www.perma-fix.com.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011