Judge to issue written opinion on flow control injunction
* addthis_config is used to set global options.
* ‘services_exclude’ lists all services not to be
* shown in the drop down menus.
* UI API found here: http://www.addthis.com/help/client-api#configuration-ui
* Service List found here: http://www.addthis.com/services/list
Jan. 12 — After hearing more than five hours of oral arguments Jan. 12, a federal judge in Texas held off in making a decision on whether Dallas´ flow control law can be implemented while the court case challenging its validity is being heard.
U.S. District Court Judge Reed O’Connor will instead issue a written opinion by the end of the month.
The National Solid Wastes Management Association and several haulers, including Waste Management Inc. and Republic Services Inc., are challenging the ordinance.
David Biderman, attorney for NSWMA, said the organization expects the judge to make a ruling by the end of the month.
“Due to the complexity of the issues raised, a written decision will be prepared for the parties,” Biderman said. “NSWMA made claims alleging violations of the city charter, state constitutional claims and federal constitutional claims.”
Dallas has refuted the lawsuit, saying the ordinance is valid.
The Dallas City Council approved the law in September, which would force all waste collected at commercial facilities, industrial facilities and apartments to be disposed at the city-owned McCommas Bluff Landfill or Bachman Transfer Station.
The ordinance was previously scheduled to go into effect Jan. 2, but the city agreed to delay implementation until at least 30 days following a ruling on the preliminary injunction.
Contact Waste & Recycling News reporter Jeremy Carroll at [email protected] or 313-446-6780.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011