Since I am no longer involved in organized religion and go to church regularly, I consider dumpster diving a form of tithing and helping mother earth.
In my truck for delivery tomorrow is a huge box of food, toys, books and other goodies I’ll never use. God will not send me new stuff if the old stuff is still here. Clutter is stuck energy and since I’m a person of light and love, I like to keep things clean and simple.
Those toys could help a poor child or a single mom with children who can barely put food on the table. Little children or even grade school children feel compelled to fit in. Sometimes a new blouse or a new purse can make all the difference in the world.
The cosmetics could give a middle-aged woman who has lost her job and is barely making it a shot of self-confidence. Sometimes a little bit of blush and lipstick can make a gal feel all the more better. Our society tends to minimize middle-aged women. So many middle-aged women I talk to feel invisible. That’s really sad. I go out of my way to engage with middle aged women and men. These baby boomers are the ones who received a huge hit in this economic depression.
Last Friday we found all these snacks in the dumpster, the vendor threw them out I believe. We have given some away and some my husband will take to the office to let others enjoy them as well.
Nature abhors a vacuum, if your life is full of things you do not need (that can also include relationship as well as “stuff”), you won’t have the room to receive the good stuff.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011