NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Shareholders of Veolia Environnement S.A. (“Veolia” or the “Company”) (NYSE:VE – News) are reminded of the securities class action lawsuit filed against the Company and certain of its officers. Pomerantz Haudek Grossman & Gross LLP has filed a federal securities class action (12 Civ. 0312) in the United States District Court, Southern District of New York, on behalf of all persons who purchased American Depositary Shares (“ADS”) of Veolia Environnement S.A between April 27, 2007 and August 3, 2011 inclusive (the “Class Period”).
If you are a shareholder who purchased Veolia securities during the Class Period, you have until February 27, 2012 to ask the Court to appoint you as lead plaintiff for the class. A copy of the complaint can be obtained at www.pomerantzlaw.com. To discuss this action, contact Rachelle R. Boyle at email@example.com or 888.476.6529 (or 888.4-POMLAW), toll free, x350. Those who inquire by e-mail are encouraged to include their mailing address and telephone number.
Veolia operates utility and public transportation businesses. The Company supplies drinking water, provides waste management services, manages and maintains heating and air conditioning systems, and operates rail and road passenger transportation systems.
The Complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period Defendants made false and/or misleading statements, as well as failed to disclose material adverse facts about the Company’s business, operations, and prospects. Specifically, Defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: (1) the Company was materially overstating its financial results by engaging in improper accounting practices; (2) the Company failed to timely record an impairment charge for its Transport business in Morocco, Environmental Services businesses in Egypt, Marine Services business in the United States, and for Southern Europe; (3) the Company’s revenues were being adversely affected by the renewal of some of its major concession contracts; (4) the Company lacked adequate internal and financial controls; and (5) as a result of the foregoing, the Company’s statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
On August 4, 2011, the Company announced financial results for the period ended June 30, 2011. In addition, the Company reported operating income of EURO252.2 million, compared to EURO1,100.7 million in the prior year for the same period, due to “non-recurring write-downs amounting to EURO686M (principally in Italy, Morocco and the United States).” Further, the Company disclosed that it had identified accounting fraud in its Marine Services business whereby earnings for periods from 2007 through 2010 were inflated by at least EURO152 million.
On these revelations, Veolia ADS declined $ 4.66 or more than 22%, to close at $ 16.10 on August 4, 2011.
The Pomerantz Firm, with offices in New York, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., is acknowledged as one of the premier firms in the areas of corporate, securities, and antitrust class litigation. Founded by the late Abraham L. Pomerantz, known as the dean of the class action bar, the Pomerantz Firm pioneered the field of securities class actions. Today, more than 70 years later, the Pomerantz Firm continues in the tradition he established, fighting for the rights of the victims of securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and corporate misconduct. The Firm has recovered numerous multimillion-dollar damages awards on behalf of class members. See www.pomerantzlaw.com.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011