Dumpster Rental Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to rent a dumpster?
Rental pricing varies based on dumpster size, weight of contents and location, and potentially contents of the dumpster. Pricing is primarily based on your zip code. Use our zip code finder to get specific size and tonnage fees.
What are the unacceptable materials for rental dumpsters?
Generally, anything that is of a hazardous nature may not be put in a rental dumpster. This includes, but is not limited to: asbestos, tires, refrigerators, fuel, oils, pool chemicals, paint, batteries, gas tanks, propane, fire extinguishers, metal drums, medical waste, animals, items containing freon or mercury. Many of these items can be brought to you local recycling center for proper disposal. When in doubt, call you local authorities to determine the correct procedures.
How long can I keep a rental dumpster?
Once you find your zip code rental page, it will specify how long the default rental period is (usually 7 or 10 days) and what the cost of each additional day of rental will be.
Will I be billed if I go over the included tonnage?
Yes. Each dumpster rental has a base tonnage included, and a fee for each additional ton. The over tonnage fee is listed on the zip code specific rental page.
Will a rental dumpster damage my drive way?
Possibly. We recommend if you are placing the dumpster in your driveway to have 4′ x 8′ sheets of plywood to have the dumpster placed on. We can not be responsible for driveway damage.
Can I put the dumpster container on the street?
Maybe. You need to check with your local municipality. Permits may be required.
What if I fill the dumpster before my rental period is over?
Our fees include one delivery and pickup. If you require another dumpster we will be glad to arrange a new rental. Pick ups can occur early. Please call our Customer Support at 877-883-1803.
Do I need to be present for my dumpster delivery?
It is preferred, however if we are given clear instruction on where the dumpster is to be left we may be able to arrange for an unattended dropoff.
Why is it called a roll off dumpster?
The term Roll Off Dumpster comes from the way the trash dumpster is off loaded onto your driveway… they “roll off” the back of the truck. These roll off dumpsters actually go by many names, including garbage dumpsters, trash dumpsters, or construction dumpsters. They are also sometimes referred to as roll off containers- trash containers, construction containers, etc.
From our Blog
- How to Get a Dumpster to Your House with SameDayDumpsters.com June 20, 2014
- Helpful Tips When Renting a Dumpster January 21, 2013
- Tips for Cleaning Up and Organizing January 4, 2013
- Phoenix AZ Dumpster Rentals Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com October 22, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Bethseda, MD Available at SameDayDumpsters.com September 8, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Pennsylvania Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters August 28, 2012
- Troop 581 B.S.A. August 21, 2012
- Renting a Dumpster in NY Made Easy by Samedaydumpsters.com August 14, 2012
- Home Remodeling Projects Made Much Easier with SameDayDumpsters.com August 3, 2012
- Junk Removal Services Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters July 14, 2012
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Castledoor “Dumpster Diving” June 3, 2011
- Q&A: What is it like to go dumpster diving? December 11, 2011
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- Dumpster Diving Documentary (part 1) November 25, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- dumpster diving June 2, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011